[TxMt] Feature request: Have Header/Source and Go To File honor directories

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Thu Mar 10 21:15:06 UTC 2005

On Mar 9, 2005, at 18:57, Lars Pind wrote:

> I have a source tree structure like this: [...]
> - Confuses both the Cmd-Opt-Up "Go to Header/Source" feature, which
> will gladly find www/item/one.adp when I'm editing www/site/one.tcl.
> It would be good if it would prefer the file in the current directory
> when one exists. Otherwise, it's a great feature.

Yeah, I can fix that -- so if there are multiple files with same
basename in some folder, it'll switch between these, otherwise it'll
use the entire project.

> - Similarly, when using Cmd-T "Go to file", which I use almost
> exclusively to open up new files now, it would be great if I could
> write "itemonetcl" to get item/one.tcl, as opposed to site/one.tcl.
> Currently, it doesn't take the path into account at all.

This one is more tricky, because in e.g. my own case (where I have
unique filenames) adding the full path will just add noise, which is
likely to cause many of my two letter abbreviations to not work.

But I can probably tweak the algorithm so that parent path components
are given lower priority.