[TxMt] getting prefs to stick

Ryan Schmidt textmate-2005 at ryandesign.com
Sun Mar 6 03:28:20 UTC 2005

On 05.03.2005, at 21:42, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On Mar 5, 2005, at 6:51, Lang Riley wrote:
>
>> Is there any way to get preferences for search dialogs to last across
>> an OS restart?  For instance, the regexp checkbox.  I almost always
>> want that to be checked.  I have noticed that it sticks when
>> restarting TM during the same OS session, but not across reboots.
>
> It sticks only if the find string hasn't been changed. Since OS X has
> a global find clipboard, the find string can be changed from outside
> TextMate (or using cmd-E in TM), in these cases, the regex switch
> really should be disabled (since it's very unlikely that the content
> placed on the clipboard is a regular expression).

Anyone know how to disable the cross-application find pasteboard
completely, either for particular apps or for the entire OS? I just
don't want it. I search for something on Google using Safari, which
conveniently puts my search term on Safari's find pasteboard, which
conveniently puts it on the OS find pasteboard, which conveniently
blasts away whatever I had in the find box in my editor. I've already
learned how to fix so many general OS X peculiarisms by reading this
list, I figured someone here might know how to do this.