[TxMt] getting prefs to stick

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sat Mar 5 20:42:29 UTC 2005

On Mar 5, 2005, at 6:51, Lang Riley wrote:

> Is there any way to get preferences for search dialogs to last across
> an OS restart?  For instance, the regexp checkbox.  I almost always
> want that to be checked.  I have noticed that it sticks when
> restarting TM during the same OS session, but not across reboots.

It sticks only if the find string hasn't been changed. Since OS X has a
global find clipboard, the find string can be changed from outside
TextMate (or using cmd-E in TM), in these cases, the regex switch
really should be disabled (since it's very unlikely that the content
placed on the clipboard is a regular expression).

What I can do is add key equivalents to the options showed in the find
dialog, which should make it less tedious for you to enable it after a
restart.