[TxMt] Enter key, LaTeX Macros and commands

Sune Foldager cryo at cyanite.org
Sat Jun 25 12:09:23 UTC 2005

On 25/06/2005, at 14.01, Brad Miller wrote:

> Can you send me an example of \verb!%! in use?  I will add it to
> the test case file and look into updating the syntax rules to cover
> it.  After more years than I will admit I have not seen that
> particular construct.  What does it mean?

It's used for inline verbatim, kinda like the larger \begin
{verbatim}..\end{verbatim} block. The delimiter is, AFAIK, user-
supplied and doesn't have to be |, although you see that mostly. It
works like this: \verb|......|  Where the ... denote the verbatim
stuff. I could also be \verb!some verbatim text! etc.

-- Sune.