[TxMt] Enter key, LaTeX Macros and commands

Berndt Farwer farwer at mac.com
Sat Jun 25 08:35:18 UTC 2005

Hi,

there are two things that puzzle me in the LaTeX language mode of TM:

Firstly, the insertion of an \item is bound to -^-, the Enter key or
fn-Return, but all I ever get is a new line without the \item.

Secondly, there is a macro "LaTeX: Generic Completion" that calls "\"$
{TM_BUNDLE_PATH}/Macros/LaTeXcomplete.pl\"";
The file LaTeXcomplete.pl exists in my LaTeX bundle, but I still get
the following error:
bin/bash: line 1: /Macros/LaTeXcomplete.pl: No such file or directory
Other commands, such as LaTeX Tidy work, even though they use the
same TM_BUNDLE_PATH variable.

I have found that with other commands, if you change anything - even
if it's only the key-binding - a copy of the command is generated in
the user's Library/Application\ Suppurt/TextMate/Bundles/ directory.
If the command invokes some file in the main Library/.../Bundles/...,
the command gets broken, since those files are not copied, but
obviously the TM_BUNDLE_PATH variable then points to the user's path.
I have put symbolic links to the original files in my private copy of
the bundle, but this is not very elegant ...

Another minor  point is the lack of support for correct syntax
colouring of \verb!%! ... but this is not used too frequently ;-)

I'd be grateful for any help with my problems (perhaps I'm just
missing some setting),
Berndt