[TxMt] qq|...| in Perl bundle

Brian Lalor blalor at bravo5.org
Thu Jun 23 12:48:29 UTC 2005

On Jun 23, 2005, at 5:05 AM, Andrew Green wrote:

>     qq(Hello World);
>     qq{Hello World};
>     qq|Hello World|;
>
> This latter form, although a little weird, is nonetheless valid Perl,
> and something I use all the time.  The new Perl bundle recognises the
> former two perfectly, but not the latter.

In the language editor, look for the following for the Perl language:
     name = "string.unquoted.qq.perl";

Change
                            ^^^

There is a note in the svn log regarding pipes (|) not working,
however.  There's also a note about "arbitrary" quote characters, but
that obviously isn't implemented in the current (r1220) revision of
the syntax.

--
    __   ____
   / /  / __/ Brian Lalor           "If you still have gas, you're