[TxMt] New user, feeling lost

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Fri Jun 17 17:49:27 UTC 2005

On Jun 17, 2005, at 19:40, Ernest Obusek wrote:

> Thanks for the pointer to the manual.  Did I totally overlook this
> somehow?

No, sorry about the short reply :) the documentation effort is
currently work-in-progress and leaves much to be desired. I am
however enjoying the help of two good Samaritans ATM, and I hope to
have much better documentation in a month or so (which will then be
included with the app etc.).

> About auto-saving, it's not that I see.  When I switch away from
> the program, and then switch back, the busy cursor comes up and it
> is doing something but I am not sure what.  Maybe checking to see
> if the file changed and should be reloaded?  For me that is slow
> but I can understand that this is desired behavior.

Ah, yes. This is a known problem for especially network mounted
drives (it does check for changes). The delay has been significantly
improved in recent betas [1], but it should be eliminated completely
in the future.

[1] http://macromates.com/textmate/files/TextMate_1.1b12.dmg