[TxMt] Images in XHTML with B12

Sune Foldager cryo at cyanite.org
Fri Jun 17 11:05:10 UTC 2005

On 17/06/2005, at 7.03, Eric Curtis wrote:

> Ok, learning a lot here. The status bar says XML and I have a
> feeling it is because of the beginning of the file. For some reason
> (a particular browser needs this I believe) my first lines of
> the .htm file are:

>     "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

This is a normal header for XHTML files, since XHTML is an XML
application. According to the specification, the first line can only
be dropped if you use the default XML character encoding, viz. UTF-8.

Incidentally, I had to drop that line as well from some of my pages,
since IE patches up some of its bugs in the presence of a DOCTYPE
line with a STRICT type...but that only works if the DOCTYPE is the
_first_ line of the file ;-).

-- Sune.