[TxMt] Transparent

Mats Persson mats at imediatec.co.uk
Mon Jun 13 14:27:23 UTC 2005

On 13 Jun 2005, at 15:10, Todd Dominey wrote:
> Question -- how do you change the transparency value of the
> document window? The latest beta defaults to this, and God almighty
> does it hurt my eyes. ActionScript syntax highlighting doesn't
> appear to be working either, which makes the transparency even
> harder to read text on.

Todd, I assume you have TM 1.1b12 installed. If not download it from
Macromates.com/  home page.

1.    Activate Theme Editor (TE)   Cmd + Ctrl + Alt + T   or  View ->
Theme -> Theme Editor.

2.    In TE look for your current Theme setting:  Bright, Dark or
Grey.  Make sure you are working within the correct Theme.

3.    Look for items called: "ColorSet: ..." and you should only have
one "ColorSet:..." active (ticked checkbox)

4.    Toggle the "ColorSet: .." and then you should see the first
item called: Text, Source, Base, Background or something similar.
Click on the colour well for the "background" colour and then a Apple
Colour palette window opens. In the bottom of that palette there's a
slider for the Opacity. change that.

ActionScript Syntax should work, if not please provide us with some
further information, such as screenshot and scope setting of non-
working stuff.

Hope that helps you, otherwise come back here, or even better get on
the TextMate IRC and ask (info on homepage as well)

Kind regards,

"TextMate, coding with an incredible sense of joy and ease"
- www.macromates.com -