[TxMt] Speed problem

Mats Persson mats at imediatec.co.uk
Fri Jun 10 15:36:57 UTC 2005

On 10 Jun 2005, at 16:17, Sam Andrews wrote:
> any, but for the most part the PHP syntax and the XHTML v1 syntax.
> i'm on a 1.5ghz g4 Powerbook 1gb ram.

OK, Sam, I'm one of the guys that has been working on those syntaxes,
so please do the following for me:

1.    Open up the PHP.tmbundle/Syntaxes/PHP.plist file (DO NOT open
in Bundle Editor) and  look for this:

/*  BEGIN FUNCTION COMMENTING OUT, (just make a space between the *
and the / to the right ) */

follow the instructions in that little comment:  make */  into * /

2.    Restart TM and test again. Is it working faster now ?

If it is, then that's a known problem due to all the bleeding 3600+
function in PHP.

IF NOT

1.    Select a document that is particularly slow and grab a complete
screenshot of it (full screen).

2.    Add the document and screenshot in a .zip file and please send
it to me off-list. I will then try to work out what's wrong with it.

Please also note that there are some speed issues in TM with very
long lines of code, so IF you write long lines of code **Split them
up** ;)  Allan is working on it, so please don't bug him :)

Kind regards,

Mats

----
"TextMate, coding with an incredible sense of joy and ease"
- www.macromates.com -