[TxMt] Speed problem

Vincent Isambart vincent.isambart at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 14:48:09 UTC 2005

Hello,

I upgraded last week TextMate to the latest version (1.b12) which was
the first with the new syntax coloring engine I tried. And I really
have speed problems with it. When I scroll down, it may take 2-3
seconds before updating the text display, which is really painful.
My computer is a 800 MHz iBook G4 with 640 MB of RAM. Yes, it's not
top notch but I think TextMate should be able to work at a decent
speed. I'm pretty sure the previous version did not have this problem.
Does anyone else has any speed problem with the latest beta ?

Cheers,
Vincent Isambart