[TxMt] Any PHP Coders with a few minutes to spare ?

Mats Persson mats at imediatec.co.uk
Fri Jun 3 09:16:46 UTC 2005

On 2 Jun 2005, at 19:05, Moshe Weitzman wrote:
> At first glance, the new PHPCC works as advertised. Nice!

Thanks for the input, Moshe, and please keep on testing the bundle as
it gets updated. (beta3 should be released later on today, with
various fixes and new features. I'll post a mail to the ML when it's
ready.)

> You asked for wishes, so here goes:
> - what about custom functions? I'd love to get code completion for
> functions not defined in the current file. In an ideal world, TM
> would scan through the Project and use all those functions for code
> completion, including snippits.

Yes, this feature has always been part of the greater plan - as
outlined in the PHPCC ToDoList doc (Automation->Run Command-
 >PHPCodeCompletion->Show ToDo List  or Ctrl + Help ) included in the
Bundle.

The reasons to why this functionality is not yet in this bundle is
entirely due to me not knowing HOW to implement it.  I have a few
ideas, but keep hitting some limitations/problems in most of them.
If anyone can think off a solution that would work nicely, please let
me know.

My current favourite is:  some form of parsing of phpdoc comments in
defined functions/classes/methods, but that's not ideal either for a
variety of reasons. Alternatively we could always roll back to user
managed input of the completion. (ie: a command that you run on the
function declaration you would want a completion for)

> Somewhat less ideal but still cool would be a way for us to define
> custom PHP function signatures, like the old phpcc had.

If everything goes to plan today, then beta3 will deal with much of
this feature request. IF I hit some problems (or lack of time) then
it'll be beta4 that will do it.

Please note though, that the default PHP.bundle already has a lot of
snippets in it for normal control items (just like the default user
stuff in phpcc originally) so you can type

Kind regards,

Mats

----
"TextMate, coding with an incredible sense of joy and ease"
- www.macromates.com -