[TxMt] Wow! (random praise and comments)

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Thu Jun 2 08:14:33 UTC 2005

On Jun 1, 2005, at 22:00, Jonathan Ragan-Kelley wrote:

> Just a small frustration I hadn't mentioned before, but thought I'd
> raise since you mentioned optionally adding support for
> cmd-shift-arrow.

No, it was cmd-{ and }. Cmd-shift-arrow is still for selecting. And
I'm quite sure that the reason Apple changed the Safari keys was
because people bitched about this (at least I have read dozen of
people mention this unfortunate choice, and has been bitten by it
myself countless times, despite the fact that I rarely use Safari)!

Why they didn't choose cmd-option-arrow is beyond me, seeing how this
is also used by Xcode (so it's not just TextMate), and cmd-{ and }
would be cmd-option-shift-8 & 9 on a lot of European keymaps, so this
is really a horrible choice for international support.

Btw: if you're not aware, you can change the menu keys of any
application using System Preferences -> Keyboard & Mouse.