[TxMt] Definate System slowdown with last 2 versions

Mats Persson mats at imediatec.co.uk
Fri Jul 29 13:49:09 UTC 2005

On 29 Jul 2005, at 13:41, Robert Deaton wrote:
> I had been noticing a slow down, but it also occured about the time
> that I upgraded to Tiger, which is the biggest step backwards in
> being fast I've seen for apple yet. Disabling the dashboard did
> help me substantially though.

Robert & others,

I too had 'slow down' issues with Tiger after installation, and that
was on an iMac G5 as well. I was a few hours away from downgrading to
Panther, when someone on the #textmate IRC mentioned that there could
be issues with the Spotlight index on my system. Read this page
[ http://macintouch.com/tiger21.html ] and the Spotlight section
roughly halfway down the page. I followed that, left my computer
alone for a few hours (while it was indexing) and then came back to a
completely new FASTER system.  Talking about it as "night vs day"
does not make it justice.

Give it a try, it might help you.

Kind regards,

Mats

----
"TextMate, coding with an incredible sense of joy and ease"
- www.macromates.com -