[TxMt] NEED Japanese Text Encoding! (pretty please?)

Tue Jul 26 03:37:31 UTC 2005

Am 25.07.2005 um 19:07 schrieb Sune Foldager:

> I am almost positive it won't happen; you can use external tools
> such as iconv or similar to convert to/from instead. The best would
> be to use UTF-8 on those web pages of course.

UTF-8 sucks for Japanese and Chinese texts mainly due to space
reasons. If anything makes sense, then it is UTF-16, which Textmate
also supports.

Apart from that, it seems that Unicode is not actually able to handle
100% of Chinese (and maybe also Japanese) script. But I'm not a
Unicode expert.

Patrice