[TxMt] REQ: default projectname <FOLDERNAME>.tmproj

Tom Lazar tom at tomster.org
Thu Jul 21 16:28:14 UTC 2005

On Jul 21, 2005, at 1:03 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 20/07/2005, at 14.10, Tom Lazar wrote:
>> I particularily like, that the .tmproj even saves each(!)
>> document's selection which is great for repeatively copying and
>> pasting.
>>

> I'm moving to filesystem metadata for this instead

duh! of course! *smacks forehead* I'm beginning to understand what
all this metadata will bring us ;-)

> -- and I did manage to make a workaround for the AFP related kernel
> panic with setxattr, so this _is_ the future :)

cool!

> As for the actual project files… maybe they are unavoidable, my
> plan however is to make them as redunant as possible, so that one
> could work exclusively with scratch projects (i.e. just opening
> folders in TM) and still get the benefits of real projects (i.e.
> all state preserved accross sessions etc.).

actually, there's only three 'killer features' that I use project
files for:

a) state preservation (seems to be taken care of with metadata)
b) being able to create template based new files
c) being able to open them more quickly via Quicksilver  (because
with a folder I need to use the 'open with...' command and with the
project files just the default 'open'

if you could cram all that into ordinary folders that would be great:
It's not that I actually *want* project files - I just want the
conveniences they bring ;)

>> @allan: yes, I mean the 'untitled' default filename that one gets
>> when saving what you refer to as 'scratch' projects (the only ones
>> I use)
>
> Okay, I've changed that for 1.1b15.

thanks!

best regards,