[TxMt] Feature Idea: Photoshop/Safari-style drag navigation

Jeroen van der Ham jeroen at je-ju.net
Tue Jul 12 07:53:30 UTC 2005

On 12-07-2005 00:41, Jonathan Ragan-Kelley wrote:
> So the key here is that it's not the same as a scroll wheel --
> simulated or otherwise.  For starters, it moves in both axes
> simultaneously (while scroll wheel simulation on the new PBs only work
> on one axis at a time).

This is not true when using iScroll2 as mentioned above. I had horizontal
scrolling turned on at first, but turned it off in the end, because it
was causing me too much trouble because of the simultaneous movement.

>  But much more critically, it:
>
> 1. Moves in the *opposite* directly
> 2. Moves exactly one-to-one with the mouse movement

Again, this is not true when using iScroll2. You can configure the
scrolling speed, it reacts instantly and works system-wide...
Only problem is, it only works for Aluminium PowerBooks..

Jeroen.

--
            <http://www.je-ju.net/~jeroen/blog/>