[TxMt] Feature requests

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sun Jul 10 21:51:14 UTC 2005

On 10/07/2005, at 22.02, Dylan Smith wrote:

> 1. Double-click on folder name should expand folder

Not sure if by “expand” you mean “descend into”. Cause that's what I
plan for the future.

> 2. Standard keyboard shortcuts.

Probably you want Finder shortcuts :) TextMate uses the Cocoa outline
view, and thus the “standard” (according to Cocoa at least) keys for
navigation. That means arrow left to expand a group, return to
“click” it, space to rename (okay, this “standard” is from IB and
Xcode).

As for first-letter navigation, try cmd-T and you probably won't have
a need for the project drawer anymore ;)

> Thanks for a great product. As a recent switcher I honestly feel
> TextMate is one of the big advantages of using a Mac.

Thanks! :)