[TxMt] Feature Idea: Photoshop/Safari-style drag navigation

Jeroen van der Ham jeroen at je-ju.net
Sun Jul 10 20:29:47 UTC 2005

On 10-07-2005 19:14, Matt Mower wrote:
> On 7/10/05, Allan Odgaard <allan at macromates.com> wrote:
>
>>>[...] It's particularly great for trackpad (or wacom tablet) use.
>>
>>As for trackpad, doesn't Apple support scroll wheel simulation when
>>using both fingers on the trackpad and moving these up/down (I think
>>it needs to be enabled, don't have a trackpad myself)?
>
> I have a recent 12" PB and its trackpad supports two finger drag
> scrolling out of the box.  I love it.  I usually hate trackpads with a
> passion but this thing works so well I don't even bother with a mouse
> when I'm using the PB on a desk.

Most alu powerbooks that were made in the past few years support it as
well, with a third party driver.
See: iScroll2 <http://www-users.kawo2.rwth-aachen.de/~razzfazz/>

I've been using that for the past few months (works both on Panther and
Tiger) and I love it, I can't shake off the habit when I work on my
girlfriends ibook ;)
What I also prefer above uControl is that you can also assign right-click
to two-fingers on pad and click (and the fact that it's (nag)free)

And although it's possible to have horizontal scrolling enabled (or even
circular scrolling) I don't use it, because it's a bit hard to really
move vertical/horizontal with two fingers.

Jeroen.

--
            <http://www.je-ju.net/~jeroen/blog/>