[TxMt] TextMate Command as an independent process?

kumar mcmillan kmcmillan at leapfrogonline.com
Mon Jan 31 21:31:37 UTC 2005

Hi.
[file under feature request]
not sure if this would be possible ... could a Command process run
independently of TextMate?  For example, On Mondays the backup runs on
our dev server which slows down rsync from my workstation.  I have
rsync mapped to a command to send changes to the dev server.  When
rsync runs slow, all of TextMate hangs until the rsync process is
complete.  It would be nice though if I could continue working while it
rsynced my project files.  I obviously haven't thought about this too
hard because what if the command is set to replace text or something.
hmm... well thought I would put it out there anyway in case there is a
way to do it.