[TxMt] Move Selection

Tim Martens tim at splashdesign.com
Fri Jan 28 05:58:32 UTC 2005

On Jan 27, 2005, at 6:55 PM, Jon Raphaelson wrote:

>> Is it possible to move selection "word left/right"
>
> When pressing left/right, also press option.
> This is actually an OS X thing, and should work everywhere in OS X.

Hmmm, that doesn't work for me. If I have a word selected, and want to
move it to the left of a word beside it -- pressing Cmd+Ctrl+Arrow
moves it one column (space) at a time. If I add the option key to the
mix, the cursor becomes a "crosshair" and the Navigation menu flashes,
but nothing happens. (Of course Cmd+Option+Arrow moves one to the next
tab).

Can others check this? I want to make sure I don't have a conflict with
some prefs or 3rd party app.

Cheers,

  -t