[TxMt] Bookmarks

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Thu Jan 27 12:43:30 UTC 2005

On Jan 27, 2005, at 12:19, Ralph Pöllath wrote:

> IMO, bookmarks cannot be implemented properly (go ahead Allan, prove
> me wrong :-). Automatic bookmarks (that "boomark" each line matching a
> certain pattern), would be much more useful.

Yes, automatic bookmarks are on the to-do. And you're right about the
meta-data problem. I want to keep as much as possible automatic,
because meta-data is easily lost and/or the file can get out-of-synch.

With my own use of bookmarks I do also appreciate that these are reset
on a new session -- but when/if I introduce a general system for
meta-data (or the OS does) bookmarks are likely to be optionally kept
there.