[TxMt] Keyboard Navigation after "Append to Each Line in Selection"

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Thu Jan 27 04:42:43 UTC 2005

On Jan 27, 2005, at 1:37, Tim Martens wrote:

> Assuming I have not missed anything painfully obvious. I'm wondering
> if we can add such functionality to the Navigation menu. Basically "Go
> to first column of the next blank line." Possibly map this to
> "Ctrl+Option+PageDown/PageUp" if that doesn't conflict.

For now, you can add this yourself. Do Automation / Record Macro, then
Edit / Find and search for “^$” with the “regular expression” check box
clicked. Now Stop Macro Recording, save and set key equivalent to e.g.
ctrl-option-page down.

> IT NOW OCCURS TO ME, HAVING REVIEWED THIS, THAT MAYBE (ALSO) HAVING
> THE CURSOR END UP AT THE END OF THE LAST LINE IN THE SELECTION WHEN
> EXECUTING AN APPEND TO EACH LINE IN SELECTION MIGHT BE BETTER

I generally want to stay at the top -- but I may add 'tab' to bring you
down to the last line. I'm still evaluating this.