[TxMt] TM & UBB code some questions

Ralph Pöllath lists at poellath.org
Wed Jan 26 09:28:19 UTC 2005

On 26.01.2005, at 09:37, Thijs van der Vossen wrote:
> IMHO Support for AS is the only sensible thing to do. For Python,
> there already is an the Appscript module, see:
> http://www.pythonmac.org/wiki/AppscriptModule for more information and
> http://www.pythonmac.org/wiki/AppleScript for other options.

As much as I loathe AS as a language, I have to agree here. AS (or AE)
would let TM integrate not only with scripts, but other apps in a
standardized way.

Has anyone ever looked closely at F-Script? Seems to be a framework
providing a very low-cost (in terms of implementation) bridge between
Cocoa and the smalltalkish F-Script language. So if Allan wanted,
instead of specifying an editor API, he could probably expose the whole
object graph to plugins written with F-Script. I guess it's not so
different from PyObjC etc., but it does look elegant.
<http://www.fscript.org>

Also, with a future TM supporting AS, there should be some clever
things we could pull off with Tiger's Automator, right? Anyone?
<http://www.apple.com/macosx/tiger/automator.html>

Back to work,
-Ralph.