[TxMt] TM & UBB code some questions

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Tue Jan 25 18:35:25 UTC 2005

On Jan 25, 2005, at 19:28, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> AS integrates with other applications which one may use in combination
> with TextMate, like Automator, Script Editor [...]

Also a point I forgot to mention, AS has been refined over many years
to be an application extension language, this means it has stuff like
event handlers, so not only can a script call TM, but a script can
setup hooks for TM to call (at least to the best of my knowledge) --
the infrastructure for all this is already defined and partially
implemented, TM only needs to make use of it.

There is no language I'm aware of which has similar capabilities, so
I'd have to invent a lot myself, which is more work and a bad idea.