[TxMt] Beta 2? and feature requests.

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Fri Jan 21 10:39:44 UTC 2005

On Jan 21, 2005, at 11:02, Dominique PERETTI wrote:

> 1) A back/forward keyshort cut to go back to the previously displayed
> tab. Sometimes you have a bunch of file open in the project. You are
> working on a specific one and you need to take a look at another file
> that may be open at a "distant tab". At this point I often miss a
> keyboard shortcut to go back directly.

What key would be good for that? Maybe it should just re-arrange tabs
(i.e. move the tab you go to, to the right of the current) when
selecting the new tab either with the new file chooser or go to
header/source from the Navigation menu.

> 2) I know it's a known request but ... I really want to be able to
> double-click on a bracket or parenthesis and have the text selected
> until the matching bracket/parenthesis. How can you, Allan, code in
> objective-c without this feature ??

Well, for starters I use my _keyboard_ when I code and not my mouse! :)

I do however have a macro to select the current method (i.e. out to the
left/right brackets) which continue to the surrounding method when
executed again. Basically it's a recording of:

  1) find previous: “[”
  2) move left (to deselect the bracket)

I think it can also be made to handle parenthesis by using a capture
for the first character and a condition for the last. But if I write
it, I'll probably damage the reputation of regular expressions ;)

I can include this macro with beta 3, and I'll keep in mind that you
have an obsessive need to double-click your brackets/parenthesis when
you program! :)