[TxMt] invisibles bundle update; stupefy quotes/hyphens and zap non-ASCII added

Eric Hsu erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
Thu Jan 20 17:57:55 UTC 2005

At 10:47 AM +0100 1/20/05, Ralph Pöllath wrote:
>>You may want to refer to an ASCII chart (just google it).
>
>Or type "man ascii" into Terminal.app (without the quotes, of course).

Wow, I didn't know that was there!  However, the
man page is American-centric and stops at x7F.
The accented letters live in the lower part of
x80-xFF. Hence, a chart like
http://www.cdrummond.qc.ca/cegep/informat/Professeurs/Alain/files/ascii.htm
might be more helpful. On the other hand,
extended ASCII does depend on encoding, and I'm
not sure how standard x80-xFF are.

best, Eric
--
Eric Hsu, Assistant Professor of Mathematics
San Francisco State University
erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
http://math.sfsu.edu/hsu