[TxMt] A few things that annoy me

Jeroen van der Ham jeroen at je-ju.net
Wed Jan 19 22:34:51 UTC 2005

On 19-01-2005 23:30, Ivar Åsell wrote:
> Isn't it against apple's HIG or something? It feels so incredibly wrong
> to me :P
> Isn't it easier to just make a command for those who want to recompile a
> file by modifying access date?
> It would look something like this:
> touch $TM_FILENAME
> In all programs I've ever used the save field is grayed out after you
> have saved, indicating that the save was successful and you can't save
> again until you have modified the file.

I want TextMate to save the file when I tell it to do so, even when it
was saved before.
There are lots of other visual cues in TextMate that show you that the
file is not saved: The icon in the titlebar is dimmed, the tab has a
round icon and the file is greyed in the project drawer...now those are
all things you can see right away, without accessing a menu!

Jeroen.

--
                "We apologize for the inconvenience"
             (See "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy")