[TxMt] Solution for cut to end of line (emacs ctrl-k)?

Brad Miller bonelake at mac.com
Wed Jan 19 12:59:58 UTC 2005

Thank you!  That does the trick as long as I'm not too fast between my
ctrl-k and ctrl-y.

I think the option to disable the local clipboard for a macro would be
handy, then I could go back to writing ctrl-k in the obvious way.

Here's another little gotcha to remember that caught me, that I bet is
not obvious to other programmers.  When you record a macro that calls a
command (or another macro),  you might expect that the command/macro
would be called, by name, like a function call in a program...
However, what really happens is the contents of the command/macro get
inserted into the macro you are recording.  So, when I changed out the
contents of my command that puts the selected text on the clipboard I
also had to go back and re-record the macro that calls it.

Could I avoid this if I edit the macro directly?  Not sure how to call
another command or macro from a macro.

Thanks for your help!

Brad