[TxMt] Re: textmate Info Page

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Mon Jan 17 09:48:41 UTC 2005

On Jan 17, 2005, at 9:42, Don Kalar wrote:

> Ideally I'd like to have Matlab running in a terminal (the java
> interface is just too slow for me), and edit with Textmate in such a
> way that commands could reach the already loaded session.

I don't know if this is possible with matlab, but you might be able to
do something like:

% mkfifo /tmp/matlab_in
% matlab < /tmp/matlab_in

Then you can write to '/tmp/matlab_in' from TextMate and have matlab
read it. I tried it with cat, but cat quits each time TextMate has
written to the file. Probably because it sends an EOF, not sure how to
avoid that, anyone?