[TxMt] Re: textmate Info Page

Sune Foldager cryo at cyanite.org
Mon Jan 17 08:46:01 UTC 2005

On 17. jan 2005, at 9:42, Don Kalar wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to how one might use
> Textmate to interface with Matlab? I can have a command execute a
> given .m file, but Matlab is a much heavier process to load than perl
> is from the command line, so that becomes a very unattractive option.
>
> Ideally I'd like to have Matlab running in a terminal (the java
> interface is just too slow for me), and edit with Textmate in such a
> way that commands could reach the already loaded session.

This would be similar to what emacs can do with a number of systems
that are highly interactive in nature. It would probably require some
things not currently in TextMate to be able to work in general,
although one might be able to hack something together for a specific
situation. I think I briefly discussed something like this with Allan a
while back, and I think it was postponed a bit. But let's see what he
says :-).

The way it is pulled off in emacs is due to its built-in language; I am
not saying you must have a built in language to make it work, but it
would probably be an advantage. Too bad AppleScript is kinda crappy
;-). Would be nice with a more powerful "scripting" language.

--
Sune.
:: the Cottage of Lost Play.