[TxMt] syntax tool

Eric Hsu erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
Sun Jan 16 06:41:02 UTC 2005

>Of course, what one could do is establish hierarchy using the names,
>and then have the editor parse the name keys.

Yes, I believe something like this will have to be done.

 From an old post:

>For the record, BBEdit 8 recognizes the following colors for customization:
>
>General: Foreground, Background
>Guide Contrast [the color of non-page window]
>Custom Highlight Color: Primary, Secondary
>Highlight Insertion Point Line Color
>Source Code: Keywords, String Constants, Comments
>HTML Tags: General, Processing Instructions, Anchor, Image, Names, Values

Are these enough categories to go with? Is there some common/known
taxonomy of code categories we can use? If we can settle on a scheme,
bundle writers can touch up their work right away.

I like the fact that TM's color schemes are so customizable; but one
wonders how much complexity a typical user will want. There should
probably be some kind of scheme to install the color schemes of
others...

And if one sets colors in a global stylesheet, how should one handle
one language embedded in another? E.g. PHP/HTML or Perl/HTML?

- Eric
--
Eric Hsu, Assistant Professor of Mathematics
San Francisco State University
erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
http://math.sfsu.edu/hsu