[TxMt] Pattern name available as a shell variable? (re: PHP code-completion)

Ian eenywhite at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 14:00:13 UTC 2005

Hi, I'm currently rewritiing the php code completion thingy, and I'd
like it to be scope sensitive.

To find the scope at the cursor I can use the file as stdin, and work
it out myself.  But it struck me that I'd be able to work some things
out based on the current pattern applications (like 'Embedded PHP',
and being in quotes).  So a couple of questions.

* could we have a variable $TM_PATTERN_NAME which gives the current
pattern name?
* would there be a way to access patterns names 'higher up'? (like
'Embedded PHP')?

I'm wanting to figure out the scope because I'm implementing scope
sensitive completion, including completions based on your own code.

Any comments, advice, much appreciated.

Ian White