[TxMt] Re: Icon Suggestion

Torsten Becker torsten.becker at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 20:10:48 UTC 2005

Hi all,

So here is revision 59 of the icon, I tried to merge some of the
suggestions from the list in the icon.  The head is now a bit smaller,
and the mate at all a bit bigger.  There are now some gradients for a
bit smoother look.  Also the mate has been rotated a bit to the right.
 The 16px Icon misses the Pencil.

For the interested ones, there is a comparison between r27 and r58 at
http://members.lycos.co.uk/staff/tm/comparison_in_dock.png and a
animated gif showing the whole icon-development at
http://members.lycos.co.uk/staff/tm/icon_progress.gif .

I am not sure if publishing svg-sources would be very useful, maybe I
will think about it again, if there are requests.

Its not the final version, there are still some to-dos for me:
- add some shadows to the papers
- improve the gradients
- try to improve the shadows

But I think this icon should look a bit better than the previous version.

If you have wishes/suggestions, please let me hear, maybe I will make
them in the icon if its possible.

Please note that this icon (and any future versions) is published
under the 'Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0'
license. ( http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/ )  The
exception to non-commercial is Allan Odgaard, who of course is allowed
to use the icon for TextMate.

--
Torsten Becker