[TxMt] filtering command with CocoaDialog

Mats Persson mats at imediatec.co.uk
Sun Jan 9 13:52:03 UTC 2005

On 9 Jan 2005, at 01:09, Eric Hsu wrote:
> So what I did was toss together a quick script in Perl and use
> CocoaDialog as a front-end.  To use this, you need to download
> CocoaDialog from <http://cocoadialog.sourceforge.net/download.html>,
> and put it in /Applications.  (If you don't like that place, change
> the path in the script.)
>
> If you don't have a need for this script, you still might be able to
> get some mileage out of CocoaDialog. It is a simple way to get GUI
> onto any script that talks to the command-line. It has a number of
> different window formats. Pashua is neat, but it requires use-ing a
> module, and Platypus is more for creating drag-and-drop things.

Eric,

Thank you VERY MUCH for sharing this with us!!!  CocoaDialog is really
cool and is useful in so many areas, even outside of TM.  It's kind of
the answer to one of the problems I've been wrestling with in the past
two weeks:  "how to create an interactive TM command ?".

Allan,

Is there any chance that something like this can be incorporated into
TM sort of like Web Preview is, with a Menu option and a Shell Variable
option like $TM_STDINPUTBOX or something like it to obtain a standard
input box ???  Just wondering : ) (as if you don't have enough on your
plate already)

Kind regards,

Mats