[TxMt] Could we change the menu under which macros/snippets/commands are shown?

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Fri Jan 7 21:57:33 UTC 2005

On Jan 7, 2005, at 20:44, Lang Riley wrote:

> You are right about that.  It is a bit cumbersome, but my
> understanding is that future versions of TM forthcoming will afford an
> easier way to do this.

Yes, already b2 should show the bundle structure in the
command/macro/snippet editors and allow you to drag them around,
re-order, and create new bundles -- you know, the thing I promised two
months ago ;)

I don't think I said it on this list, but in b2 each bundle and bundle
item gets a unique ID (when first created) which allow tracking of it
in the future (even when renamed, changed etc.).

Merging of custom and default bundles is then done using the per item
ID, which means that I have the retired the current system where the
presence of a local PHP snippets bundle/directory would take precedence
over all default PHP snippets. So when there are new defaults, or the
defaults are changed, they will show up for the user, even when he has
local items for that particular bundle.

I have also setup a subversion repository [1] to collect bundles (and
is dropping the wiki for this) which means the bundles are now in one
place, with a consistent structure, and will be automatically included.

All who are maintaining or contributing to the bundles can get a svn
account (just write me off list).

[1] http://anon:anon@macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/