[TxMt] how do you close excess tabbed files?

Fred B. fredb7 at starflam.com
Thu Jan 6 09:35:49 UTC 2005

Hi Allan,

This is nice. I was just a bit surprised that clicking in the results
list didn't work.
I have a couple of questions about this and tabs in general:

-Why don't you put this in the drawer?
Acting on the actual file tree or not.
I'm not sure it's a good idea, but I think it's a good question ;)
This is so useful that I'd want to have it opened all the time.

-Your Command+T shortcut made me think about tabs in other apps.
Again, this is only a question:
Why not implement tabs in TM as in Safari, FireFox, iTerm, etc. ?
I mean, opening a new tab for newly opened files only if requested (or
stated in prefs).
Like: I open a file in a project => it goes in the current tab.
I Command-open a file => it goes in a new tab.
Command+T makes a new empty tab.
etc.

The behaviour could be chosen in the prefs.
(I know that Command-clicking is used to select multiple files for now,
but you get the general idea.)

This would reduce tab clutter for those who wants and won't change
anything for those who like it like it is now.
And this would be consistent with other tab based apps.

Just some thoughts...

--
Fred