[TxMt] properties parser?

Brian Lalor blalor at bravo5.org
Wed Jan 5 10:28:38 UTC 2005

On Jan 5, 2005, at 1:46 AM, Xavier Noria wrote:

> Magnific, with that class this is far easier than I expected.

Isn't Python beautiful? :-)

> I have not generalised the script yet, but since it is gonna be
> something very targeted to what I want to be useful to others anyway,
> here it goes the starting point which is really simple if you know
> just a bit of Python. After installing PyObjC[*] this properly
> modifies a property list (I did the trials with the one for Perl):

This really is cool.  I'm envisioning a script that could work on any
plist to redefine the fonts and colors based on a predefined mapping.
This is somewhat more difficult given the nesting of patterns that TM
uses, but still should be do-able...

> For Perl there's CamelBones[**], which I have not tried yet but looks
> like the task would be as easy.

Don't kid yourself.  What's easy in Python is ugly, dirty and nasty in
Perl.  But the same can be said about anything written in Perl. ;-)

--
    __   ____
   / /  / __/ Brian Lalor
  / _ \/__ \  blalor at bravo5.org