[TxMt] how do you close excess tabbed files?

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sun Jan 2 19:55:12 UTC 2005

On Jan 1, 2005, at 23:27, Tobias Luetke wrote:

> Since we are talking about the tab bar once again, I'd just like to
> bring up the topic of tab groups.
> For Visual Studio 6 you can get the wonderful tab bar extension which
> supports grouping of header / source in just one tab as seen here:
>
> http://www.wndtabs.com/wt/tour/tab_parts2.gif

The idea sounds interesting, but that screenshot doesn't sell it very
well ;)

> Something configurable along those lines in textmate would be absolute
> *killer*. For example in an MVC framework like rails you could group
> controller/view or even model/unit test into an group.

So a group is configured how? And should it be possible to do ad hoc
grouping by e.g. dropping one tab on another tab (to make it into a
group), and exactly how does a group affect navigation? Should it then
be option-cmd-left/right to move to prev/next group, and
option-cmd-up/down to move around in the group (and if there are files
in the project that belongs to the group, these are added if they are
not already there)?