[TxMt] how do you close excess tabbed files?

Tobias Luetke tobias.luetke at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 22:27:54 UTC 2005

Since we are talking about the tab bar once again, I'd just like to
bring up the topic of tab groups.
For Visual Studio 6 you can get the wonderful tab bar extension which
supports grouping of
header / source in just one tab as seen here:

http://www.wndtabs.com/wt/tour/tab_parts2.gif

Something configurable along those lines in textmate would be absolute
*killer*. For example in an MVC framework like rails you could group
controller/view or even model/unit test into an group.
As soon as groups are defined they could replace the role of the
current Go to header/source shortcut.

On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 14:39:12 -0800, Justin Henry <jhenry at uvm.edu> wrote:

> Allan Odgaard wrote:
> > On Dec 29, 2004, at 6:55, Lang Riley wrote:
> >
> >> Is it possible to close files that are open in tabs that are not
> >> visible, i.e., located in the tab overflow without disturbing tabbed
> >> files that are visible?
> >

> > No, not apart from the Close All Tabs. I'm not sure how I should allow
> > for this? Maybe a qualifier while selecting the item in the overflow
> > menu (similar to other alternative menu items), but I don't know if this
> > would actually be a used feature!?!
> >

> I think it would be much more helpful if one could expand the tab bar
> and have the tabs "wrap":
>
> http://jdhenry.com/tm-wrap-tabs.png
>
> This way the files in the tab overflow would be accessible via the tab
> bar.  Adjusting the height of the tab bar (i.e. by dragging the bottom
> of it) would affect the number of tabs visible - those not able to fit
> would still go into the overflow.
>
> -Justin

Tobi
http://blog.leetsoft.com