[TxMt] how do you close excess tabbed files?

Justin Henry jhenry at uvm.edu
Sat Jan 1 22:39:12 UTC 2005

Allan Odgaard wrote:
> On Dec 29, 2004, at 6:55, Lang Riley wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to close files that are open in tabs that are not
>> visible, i.e., located in the tab overflow without disturbing tabbed
>> files that are visible?
>

> No, not apart from the Close All Tabs. I'm not sure how I should allow
> for this? Maybe a qualifier while selecting the item in the overflow
> menu (similar to other alternative menu items), but I don't know if this
> would actually be a used feature!?!

I think it would be much more helpful if one could expand the tab bar
and have the tabs "wrap":

http://jdhenry.com/tm-wrap-tabs.png

This way the files in the tab overflow would be accessible via the tab
bar.  Adjusting the height of the tab bar (i.e. by dragging the bottom
of it) would affect the number of tabs visible - those not able to fit
would still go into the overflow.

-Justin