[TxMt] Macromates.com

Paul McCann pmccann at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Wed Feb 23 23:19:00 UTC 2005

Sune wrote...

> >I noticed that Safari make a 'nice' job at caching error pages and
> >give them back to you when they shouldn't be error anymore. ;) You
> >then have to empty the cache. (Safari menu/empty cache). I've been
> >fooled a couple of times ...

> Hmm that never happened to me. And shouldn't, if Safari adheres to the
> HTTP standard (and the server also does, which migh be the problem).

Safari behaves in an "interesting" manner with respect to cached pages
if you have a proxy between you and the rest of the world. In particular
"refresh" and even "force refresh" (option-command-R ? I can't remember,
since I switched to Firefox some time back) simply don't always work as
you'd hope they might. Change browser and *bang*: there's the new page.
This made previewing changes on a server outside the local network via
Safari something like a cross between "painful" and "excruciating".

Cheers,
Paul