[TxMt] Req: Compare docs-Diff

Eric Hsu erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
Mon Feb 21 16:32:19 UTC 2005

At 10:47 AM +0100 2/21/05, Fred B. wrote:
>To add link to TM files is easy, but I don't know if it's even
>possible to output each line number, but if it's possible that could
>be a pretty nice solution.

You can figure out the line numbers from the 'changes only' diff if
you keep a running count of the 'old' and 'new' line numbers, which
you can infer from the chunks of text.  Or you can use diff -u and
have it all inline. Which I always prefer anyway.

>I'll look more into it in the coming days, either with hdiff
>(But...Perl :( I might even try to rewrite everything in Ruby.), or
>with your script, Eric.

Good luck!  Have a look at the subversion bundle for ideas on HTML
output. The stuff Chris and Torsten are doing are quite cool. I'll
let you know if I start work on this again.

- Eric
--
Eric Hsu, Assistant Professor of Mathematics
San Francisco State University
erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
http://math.sfsu.edu/hsu