[TxMt] req: command output to contextual menu

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sat Feb 19 05:09:48 UTC 2005

On Feb 18, 2005, at 18:52, machinate at machinate.org wrote:

> Would it be possible to make a command output option that displays as a
> menu. [...]

I would like to allow this, since it'd give several benefits. But the
problem is how to 'describe' the action that selecting the menu item
should lead to.

E.g. you may wish it to execute another command, insert a snippet, or
similar.

One solution is to have the command output XML that TM would parse to
figure out what to do with the output, then I could also allow for more
than just menus, and some say that the X is for eXtensible ;) but I
also think that XML is a complex beast for something as simple as
putting up a menu.