[TxMt] Req: Compare docs-Diff

Eric Hsu erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
Fri Feb 18 19:18:09 UTC 2005

Okay, so I'm trying to hack out a little diff command. I've run into
a couple of peculiar behaviors I don't understand. They all must have
obvious answers...

1. In my setup, a command of

>echo $TM_SELECTED_FILES | xargs diff -u

works but

>diff -u  $TM_SELECTED_FILES

does not. I get a "diff: file not found" error.

2.  I wanted to emulate the BBEdit feature of popping up a list of
all open windows, but I saw no TM_OPEN_WINDOWS variable equivalent. I
tried using Applescript to

>osascript -e 'tell app "TextMate.app" to return name of every window'

which worked great except for the lack of path information, and then I tried

>osascript -e 'tell app "TextMate.app" to return path of every window'

which seemed like the right thing to do, but gave me a

>34:38: execution error: TextMate got an error:
>NSCannotCreateScriptCommandError (10)

Any thoughts?

best, Eric
--
Eric Hsu, Assistant Professor of Mathematics
San Francisco State University
erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
http://math.sfsu.edu/hsu