[TxMt] Bug: quote highlighting

Simon Gregory simon at helvector.org
Fri Feb 18 14:54:57 UTC 2005

On 18 Feb 2005, at 2:22 pm, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> Which string parsing engine is that?
> Syntax highlight, smart-typing or highlighting pairs?
> I think it may break the latter, but I didn't make [single] quotes
> highlighted in any of the bundles I touched.

The problem looks to in the ActionScript Syntax file, the single quotes
weren't escaped.

On Feb 18, 2005, at 3:57, Ben Jackson wrote:

> Any instance of single-quote-double-quote-single-quote (as in the
> character representation of double-quote) will break the string
> parsing engine.

Ben if you want an immediate resolution the edit the
ActionScript.tmbundle/Syntaxes/ActionScript.plist file and change line
26 from:

{ name = "strings.single-quoted.actionscript"; begin = "'"; end = "'";
swallow = "\\\\."; fontStyle = ( normal ); foregroundColor = "#727272";
},

{ name = "strings.single-quoted.actionscript"; begin = "\'"; end =
"\'"; swallow = "\\\\."; fontStyle = ( normal ); foregroundColor =
"#727272"; },

It worked for me on your code example but I've not checked to see if
it's thrown any other errors.

Hope this helps,

Simon