[TxMt] Req: Compare docs-Diff

Kai von Fintel fintel at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 14:52:14 UTC 2005

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:35:15 +0100, Allan Odgaard <allan at macromates.com> wrote:
> I must confess that I do not fully understand why a diff tool needs to
> be built into a text editor. Was it the missing ability to edit the
> merged file in File Merge that made this tool unusable?

I guess you would have to have used the BBEdit file differences tool
to appreciate how useful it is. Many times, I find myself trying to
adjudicate differences between two text files (say a weblog config
file on my server with a new config file included in an updated of the
blog software), etc. This is when I need to call on BBEdit. I haven't
tried File Merge.

-- Kai.