[TxMt] New TM Doc in Finder Contextal Menu. Any ideas ??

Eric Hsu erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
Sat Feb 12 18:23:13 UTC 2005

At 4:53 AM +0100 2/12/05, Fred B. wrote:
>I didn't mean my version was better or anything, its just the way I wanted it.

Cool, I didn't take it that way. There Are Many Ways To Do It.   :)

>My script is really basic, but there's no real danger with name
>collisions, except changing the file's date.
>It just "touch" then "open" the file. (I'll had a comment about the
>date change in case of filenames already in use.)
>Please, tell me if you see other caveats in this approach.

I wasn't the one who requested the CM, but I was guessing that one
always would either want to open an existing file (so you'd click on
it) or to open a fresh new one. In this second case, one would not
want to see the contents of a file you accidentally named.

best wishes, Eric

--
Eric Hsu, Assistant Professor of Mathematics
San Francisco State University
erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
http://math.sfsu.edu/hsu