[TxMt] Getting Into Templates

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Fri Feb 11 19:23:53 UTC 2005

On Feb 10, 2005, at 23:27, James Edward Gray II wrote:

> 1.  Can I control where my cursor appears after the template is filled
> in?

Currently not -- in the future (the one that isn't now ;) ) I'll most
likely add 'snippet' as the output option of templates, which would
also allow placeholders and shell interpolation w/o going through a
pre-processor.

> 2.  In the project's New File dialog, the template list is in a
> predefined order and the top ten items have key shortcuts.  How can I
> affect this listing, to get my templates were I want them?

Currently you can't -- but the activation method in the bundle editor
should be extended to templates (and syntaxes) for easier activation.
Also the templates should respect the filtering options -- some of this
will be implemented shortly, including instantiating templates w/o a
project.