[TxMt] New TM Doc in Finder Contextal Menu. Any ideas ??

Eric Hsu erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
Fri Feb 11 19:16:12 UTC 2005

At 3:13 PM +0000 2/11/05, Mats Persson wrote:
>I've found myself using TM for almost every single thing that I
>write, so sometimes I like to be able to create a new TM document in
>the current Finder window.
>
>Had a look at trying to create a Contextual Menu plug-in, but it
>looked too complicated, so does anyone have a suggestion for how to
>do this ??

OnMyCommandCM (free at http://www.abracode.com/free/cmworkshop/) lets
you write your own CMs using shell scripts. I just downloaded it and
have quickly hacked out two contextual menu commands:

Edit in TM (pop it up on a file)
Edit New File Here in TM (pop it up on a directory; if you pick a
file, it puts a new file in the same directory)

To install:
1. Download and install OMC.
2. Make sure you have the 1.1b5 tm CLI command.
3. Download OnMyCommandCMs from
http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/Tools/CM/
4. Import the commands using the OMC_Edit tool in the OMC folder.
5. It expects ~/bin/tm to be the binary. If yours is elsewhere, use
OMC_Edit to change the paths.

I hope that helps.

best, Eric
--
Eric Hsu, Assistant Professor of Mathematics
San Francisco State University
erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
http://math.sfsu.edu/hsu